>

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Love In The Moonlight (Korean Drama)


Genre: Romantic-comedy, Historical, Drama, Coming-of-age
Episodes: 18

Main Cast:
Park Bo-Gum as Crown Prince Hyomyeong (Lee Yeong)
Kim You-Jung as Hong Ra On
Jin Young as Kim Yoon Sung
Chae Soo-Bin as Jo Ha Yeon

Synopsis:

Hong Ra-On disguises herself as a man and counsels men on dating. Due to a love letter she wrote for a client, she meets Crown Prince Hyomyeong. Hong Ra-On is unaware that he is the Crown Prince and Hyomyeong is unaware that Hong Ra-On is a woman. The Crown Prince becomes interested in Hong Ra-On. His eunuchs become aware of this and attempt to get Hong Ra-On to become one of them.

My Thoughts:

This was an intricately laid out drama with many twists and turns that I absolutely loved and hated at the same time. Loved because of the depth of emotions laid out in the open by the actors and actresses of this drama, hated because of what it takes in the plot to reach those depths. Anyways, besides those other stuffs, there were genuine funny moments in the story, gag and slapstick comedy that truly gives off a laugh while I was watching it.

This drama came out long ago but I would guess the craze is not over yet. It took 18 hours to finish this and it was not 18 hours of pure enjoyment because there were moments when I truly felt I couldn't finish this drama because I could definitely see where any certain scene will lead to and I don't ever want it to materialize into reality. It did unfortunately but I am glad I persevered to see the ending this story deserves because while watching it, I got some historical information from the comments that definitely scares me due to finding out this story had some adjustments to correspond to history but I was glad that the ending was worth it and they adjusted it to make sense of things.

This story overall was filled with cute romance that is just lovely and beautiful just like anything being shone by the moonlight at night. I enjoyed the story despite the darkness behind some things because of how the main characters brings forth emotions in their relationship and their longing for each other. Seriously, the interactions between the leads once they confirmed their feelings is just to die for and lovely. I could just die at the cuteness of their interactions. Hahahaha.....

This is a drama that must not be missed and has to be in the list of dramas to watch. Besides, it entered the year's list of main actors who dramawatchers' fell in love with in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment