>

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Rahut Rissaya ~ The Envy Code (Thai Drama)

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Romance, Drama
Episodes: 17
Website To Watch: Ohsweethaven ~ Rahut Rissaya

Main Cast:
Bank Artit as Siwa
Pink Ploy as Palai
Great Sapol as Thanakorn
Praew Chermawee as Dr. Nichada
Gookgiik Kochakorn as Janjaeng
Pym Pympan as Rasika

Synopsis:

The heiress of a billionaire loses everything: her parents were murdered, both their company and property were taken by her aunt and cousin. What can she do but seek revenge? She starts by blackmailing Siwa Ratthanarith, the guy her cousin is in love with, about his father's indiscretions and evil deeds. Over time they fall in love. She starts to value his love as she learns to forgive. But will these changes be too late?

My Thoughts:

To be honest, I dropped this once for the reasons that I am not a fan of slap kiss dramas or dramas that involve too much scheming and exaggeration. Like from the first episode I was able to sense what the drama will involve. I found this drama through the female lead, I loved her in Khing Kor Rah Kah Gor Raeng and found out that the male lead was also a familiar actor, watched some edits online which convinced me to give it a try and the scenes in the first episode already showed how this drama can get heavy and may bring me through a rollercoaster of emotions.

After a few months, not sure how long, I saw edits of the drama again, and got into a dilemma, ultimately I decided to give this drama a chance, skipping or fast-forwarding the scheming or fake acting of the characters. In the end, I found out what a gem this drama was. 

Past all the scheming, the nefarious plans, the emotional-heavy scenes, you get to see the characters, and how they grow from being a weak-willed character, to becoming a strong independent and able to fight for what's theirs. You start rooting for them, for their happiness, praying for their happiness to last, screaming at the villains for disrupting their bliss. And all of this is hugely thanks to their actors who brought these characters to life, making you feel sympathy on their every tear, feel anguished over the misunderstandings and successful plans of the villains.

The plot of the story was really refreshing to watch even though as I said there were a lot of wicked plans and ill-meaning villains. You get to see the characters growing out of their shells and really visibly see how much they have walked. You learn with them, you smile with them, you feel sad for them. From hatred, it slowly budded into concern and affection and into love. You slowly start wondering, "When will all the pain stop? When can they have their happy ending? It feels endless" And that to me, shows how valuable of a gem this drama has to offer. 

I really felt sad this drama had to end, I look forward to seeing Bank Artit and Pinkploy in another drama together because their chemistry was honestly sizzling and on fire, that it made me feel "impossible that these two are not a couple", their facial expressions, body language, eyes, it all made me believe that these were two people who are deeply in love. So, if after all that you're still unconvinced to watch this drama, then try searching for some edits of the drama and believe me you will watch the drama. I do this often to see the chemistry and whether the drama will be worth it. And surely, it was. If you already watched this gem of a drama, then I would love to read your thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment