>

Monday, September 19, 2016

Good Morning Call (Japanese Drama)

Genre: Romance, School, Youth, Slice of life
Episodes:17

Main Cast:
Shiraishi Shunya as Uehara Hisashi
Fukuhara Haruka as Yoshikawa Nao

Synopsis:
Yoshikawa Nao stays behind to live by herself when her parents leave to inherit her grandpa's farm in the country. On the day she moves into her new apartment, she discovers that it was rented also to Uehara Hisashi; a cute, super-cool, popular guy from her school. Not only did their housing agency unexpectedly close down, the landlord of the apartment tells them that they had to pay more for their apartment than they had expected. With no money and no home to return to, Nao and Hisashi decide to live together as flatmates.



My Thoughts:

Finally,  a Japanese drama... Hehe... With all that's going on in my life, I could use some casual, frank and cute love story. This drama particularly got to me. There was another drama I wanted to watch but I don't think I am prepared to finish it yet. Anyways, this story came from a manga. Despite the negative reviews about it being too cliche and draggy, I find those negative reviews as an encouragement as it lowers my expectation and makes me constantly think what it is that exactly is bad in these people's eyes. Thanks to that, I enjoyed the drama better. Those thoughts made me all that more excited to see where this story would lead me and it surprised me more than I expected, well, I kind of get the hang of where things will lead to but what makes it unique and engaging is how the characters respond to the problems and oh, the revelations are just so speechless, cute and heavenly (haha).

Yeah, this happens in most stories but still, the way things play out still matters no matter how many times it exists in other stories. It is your typical shoujo manga but at the same time, it is not. How do I say this? I enjoyed it despite all the cliches and that says a lot about how efficiently they play the story. Yes, I know what will happen but I can't help but get excited and enjoy it. 

It may be cheating but I am a little biased to this story because how relatable things are in a sense because I am currently still a school kid and to see this kind of stories attract me the most. I can understand why they do this and how things work at this age. Like, being underage and deprived of many privileges but to know that at this age, we should just enjoy despite all the trouble. Well, yeah we have problems, the characters each has troubles with their own personality but I hope you don't let that stop you from continuing to watch. Some people said the second-lead syndrome is strong in this story and I agree with that. There are many times when I think she should just be with the other guy but that many times and more, I was shown that she truly deserves to be with him despite the flaws. 

I hope you noticed I was trying to say the best for both worlds so that you don't enter this drama thinking it is a rosy world of love. I lowered your expectation hopefully enough for you to start watching this because seriously without a doubt, I highly enjoyed this drama. The caring and thoughtful boyfriend, the loving and dedicated girlfriend, the loyal and understanding friends and other cool characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment