>

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Tomorrow With You (Korean Drama)

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy
Episodes: 16

Main Cast:
Lee Je-Hoon as Yoo So Joon
Shin Min-A as Song Ma Rin
Jo Han-Chul as Song Doo Sik
Kang Ki-Doong as Kang Ki Doong

Synopsis:
Is it possible to prevent a future of misery? Yoo So Joon (Lee Je Hoon) is the successful CEO of a real estate company who has the ability to time travel when he takes the subway. Going back and forth in time, he sees his future self living a life of torment and unhappiness. To try to offset his doomed future, he decides to marry Song Ma Rin (Shin Min Ah), a cheery photographer, even though he does not love her. Can Ma Rin help So Joon change his unhappy future?

My Thoughts (Review):

To be honest, at first glance, I didn't felt like watching it. I thought there's nothing particularly interesting about it. So, I put it aside for months and just recently I cam across it again and decided, Why not? And when I researched more of the drama, i was surprised to learn that it was Lee Je Hoon acting as the male lead and that pretty much was one of the reasons I decided to watch because he is a favourite since watching Signal. He was so good there that I kinda was hoping the same from him here and he does not disappoint.

On to the story, it is of course a cliche 'Knowing the future and trying to change it if something bad happens' kind of story  I was going along it, accepting it as that. But, it being a cliche just serves to improve the watching experience, thinking how the male lead can change the bleak future he has seen, and how he creates parallel worlds with his actions. Though there was no mention of the parallel world since this story focuses on one timeline, but it is evident in the story line. The story keeps on providing mysteries to be solved by the viewers and even if some questions were never answered till the end but surprisingly, even if unanswered, I still love the story and the plot. 

About the cast, of course Lee Je Hoon played his best but I was more surprised at Shin Min Ah, I don't know where I got it, but I had felt that she somehow doesn't suit the role despite not even watching the drama yet. Like the story's gonna go bland because of her. BUT, watching the drama, she totally showed how the role is hers. How there's no one else who can perform Song Ma Rin like she did. And My God, the chemistry between these two was just too fiery. They hit it off immediately. Their characters are both so different and yet they managed to find a common ground and were able to act on it and fall in love. They were just too cute and full of love that it made me smile during those moments when they are trying to understand each other.

There's so much I want to say about them since it's mainly because of them that I got so invested into this drama, going on marathon to finish it because I can't help being curious about what's going to happen. There are times when I get so worried about them, worried that they're gonna get hurt or anything. Also times, when I just get so happy when they get those calm moments before the storm despite knowing they will in the end face the storm. I just am so shocked at how much I felt involved in this drama, how the characters felt like someone I know. It just goes to show how well they developed the character. That to me, is one of the strongest point of this drama.

Also, this story provided so many variables that it just keep on clouding my ability to somehow predict the story. Like, there was one time when the male lead found out he's suddenly married to the girl. I was wondering how the love story would develop to reach that point that fast. But, a different thing unfolded and I found myself fooled. It doesn't stop putting in different variables right to the end. Sometimes I felt like they can't fight destiny and then yet again, sometimes it feels like they could. As the time keeps ticking to the fateful day, it really feels like the best ability would be to pause time as the lead male mentioned.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at how well thought out this drama was and especially the awesome chemistry between Shin Min Ah and Lee Je Hoon. I was so happy to watch how their story developed when their destinies were never meant to intertwine in more ways than one, or were they always meant to be together? I may never know but what's for sure, they're in love and I'm in love with them. So, come on and don't miss this awesome drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment