>

Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Legendary Shuttle (Korean Movie)

Also Known As: The Legendary Lackey
Released Year & Length: 2016 (1 hour)

Main Cast:
Lee Ji-Hoon as Kang Chan
Kim Jin-Woo as Seo Jae Woo
Seo Ji-Hoon as Jo Tae Woong

Synopsis:
A legendary transfer student that won a 17:1 fight is here! Tough kid Tae Woong is the top of the social food chain at his school in Busan! Then shows up the legendary transfer student from Seoul, Kang Chan! And just as peace is restored another new kid from Seoul shows up! It’s Jae Woo who went to school with Chan! Why does Chan always seem nervous around Jae Woo? And Tae Woong isn’t happy with the new changes in school!

My Thoughts:

First, this is not actually a movie. It is a KBS Drama Special. It is a drama that has only one episode, I can't say it is a drama because it doesn't fit the requirements so I termed it as a movie for comfort sake. NO synopsis analysis: It is a short drama and basically any elaboration on synopsis would give a rough easy gist into it.

So, about this story, I found out about it through a youtube random showing FMVs of it and I was interested in Lee Ji Hoon playing a part in here. I've been following him for a bit so I was excited to watch him act somewhere. I was surprised that it was just a one episode though. Anyways, I truly really enjoyed it so much that I can't help but to post it into my collection even though I just watched it today. The developments in the story is so unexpected and unpredictable. And I love being surprised by a story in a good way. I truly am loving the surprises of this story. By the way, this story houses quite a number of rookie actors but I did not notice that at all. I'm always like, 'Why haven't I noticed you all before?' because they're so good at it despite being new, that I originally thought that they were quite veteran and I just missed them at some of the dramas I watch. Seriously, everyone is really good at acting, I guess it's because it's just a short drama so they can put more effort and enthusiasm into it. The energy is strong here and I/m absolutely loving it. 

Did I mention that this story is super funny? I mean seriously hilarious that despite in a serious environment, I can't hold myself back from looking like a crazy person laughing to myself. I was highly worried this story would touch a lot on bullying but it didn't generally touch on it, it just focused on the budding relationship of the main characters and how that relationship affects the other characters. I highly do not want so much negativity in my life. 

I absolutely adored Lee Ji Hoon in this, he was so great at developing contrast in his character. Tough at one point and then fragile the second. His acting really livens up the story into hilariously funny or deeply emotional sometimes funnily. The other two leads are pretty good too. With friendship being pretty much the main focus in this story, it create an interesting ride to see the friendship contrast and how it affect Kang Chan. It is really cute to watch these friendships bloom in their own way against adversity. 

I can expect a little from watching this story but overall I was fondly surprised by each event in the story. This slice-of-life story is just casual and smooth and not too heavy. It proves to be an excellent ride for me watching this story. I just have a hard time to explain that feeling when watching this story. I guess I would call it a very heartwarming story to see teenagers dealing with their problems together with their friends and grow mature together. It is just so cute to see the friendship deepen. Bromance game going as strong as ever!! Maybe you can find out for yourself, those feelings, while watching this story. It won't take long, just an hour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment