>

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Something About 1% (Korean Drama)


Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16 

Main Cast:
Ha Seok-Jin as Lee Jae In
Jeon So-Min as Kim Da Hyun

Synopsis:

Lee Jae-In possesses a good appearance, he is smart and comes from a wealthy family, but he is also arrogant. His grandfather orders Jae-In to enter into a 10 month contract engagement with a female school teacher that he has never met in his life. Lee Jae-In slowly falls in love with her.

My Thoughts:

I never expected this drama at all. Technically. I by a string of fate found it through an OST of it being released in a channel I subscribed to in Youtube. The mv was so nice that it got me eating the bait. Seriously, the cuteness in this drama got me hooked straight away. Now this is another of those, happens only in comics plots because of the ambience of the story. Besides, this came from a book and also had awesome comic art of the character each episode. 

Each episode goes by so fast, you won't realize the time gone. Well, one of the reason for that is the incredibly short 30-minutes episodes for a 16-episode drama. And, the one thing great about this setup is that everything is compact, fast and delivered in satisfaction guaranteed. Like, people were commenting about how it was boring at first, it might have been, I don't know because I was immersed in the story and getting to know the characters. But once you're beyond that, I guarantee you have entered the train towards cuteness kingdom. The romance and chemistry is just divine.

The plot itself was interesting but though I enjoy watching the main leads, the story was just developing the relationship of the two of them to the point that when I see the supporting characters, I am confused of their purpose and character setup because they just randomly come and then go. Like, I don't really see anything much in them other than creating future crises. I was hoping to begin to understand the supporting characters after the halfway point but no, just about the main leads all the way. I know a story should revolve around the main leads but this is focusing too much on them that I kinda lost it for awhile. Am I the only one imagining it, I don't know.

Anyways, my hopes are still up for this drama. Hope those of you who are reading this would give this drama a chance. No matter how the reviews are, it is better if you review it yourself. This is a great drama after all no matter the circumstances. Love it a lot. Gonna finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment